Kainga Rua Hall (the former student accommodation at Taranaki 217) is now managed by Massey University but still remains a Wellington Tenths Trust property. For student accommodation enquiries please contact Massey University http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/student-life/accommodation/halls-of-residence/kainga-rua.cfm
The student accommodation in Taranaki Street has some 148 studio units in two blocks. Kāinga Rua hall is the ideal accommodation choice for students who have come straight from college or who are not ready to share a flat. The hall is five minutes from Massey’s Wellington campus.
- Single and twin rooms, with en-suite bathrooms, for 155 residents.
- Fully furnished. Residents are to bring their own towels and bedding. International students can request bed linen.
- Suitable for students aged 17 to 21 years.
- Shared common areas to cook and eat. Two shared lounges.
- Open courtyards with grass areas for outdoor enjoyment. Study room and movie room.
- Less than a five minute walk to campus and a one minute to Pukeahu Park.
Massey University have leased the property and manage the student accommodation. They have rebranded the building the building as Massey’s with the name Kainga Rua.