Many of Trust lands around the old Athletic Park went into Village at the Park, however some did not. The 383-387 Adelaide Road section is north of Village at the Park bounded by Macalister Heights and is some 3,750m2 (nearly 1 acre).
OPENING OF ADELAIDE ROAD
Trustees along with our kaumātua and staff opened 16 newly built townhouses on Adelaide Road, Wellington on 3 December 2019. This was a significant development for the Wellington Tenths Trust as the townhouses are built on our whenua and owned and controlled 100% by the Trust. The townhouses are a long-term investment that will provide sources of revenue for future generations.
The Chairman Anaru Smiler acknowledged Morrie Love the previous Chairman of the Trust, and Richard Te One for leading the project and congratulated the team for completing the project on time and within budget. Alongside Trustees, the efforts of all those working on the project were acknowledged:
- Architecture Plus – Stuart Guardyne, Belinda Tuohy and Geordie Shaw
- Robertson Quantity Surveyors – Vince Robertson and James Thomson
- Clendon Burns and Park Structural Engineers – Arthur Park and Hayden Young
- Cuttriss Group Civil – Colin McIlwain, Jim McMenamin and Sheryl Barker
- Holmes Construction Ltd – Dean Wansbroughy, Dean Ellicock , Tim Holmes and Graeme Joy
- Hīkoikoi Management team – Keith Hindle, Vicki Hollywell and Kathleen Thompson
The townhouses have been built to a high quality, attracting good rental incomes to help build our pūtea for future investment back into our whenua and our whānau.
There are 16 townhouses – 5 x two bedroom townhouses and 11 x three bedroom townhouses.